Kindergarten – COED
Division Coordinator – (see Contact Us page)
The Kindergarten age group is for boys and girls entering Kindergarten in September. Typically they are children who will be 5 years old or younger on July 31 of current year. This is the only age group that plays coed until players reach high school age.
Teams are formed and parents should be notified by their coach in Mid to Late August. Typically practices will start in late August and continue one night a week until the end of September. Practice duration should be no more than 45 minutes. Practice night is determined by the coordinator, coach, and field and space availability. Games are primarily on Saturday mornings and afternoons, but some Sunday afternoons is possible. Season starts the weekend after Labor Day and continues through to late October, early November. All Kindergarten games and practices are held at Plymouth Elementary school.
The Kindergarten program is based on the youth and small sided soccer programs developed by both the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and US Youth Soccer Association (USYSA). This age group will play small-sided soccer either 3v3 or 4v4 depending on the number of teams and players per team. There will be NO GOAL KEEPERS for this age group. This allows each player to have much more playing time and a greater opportunity to touch the ball, participate and have FUN!! Other objectives for this age group include:
- FUN and a positive environment.
- Introduction to the basics of soccer.
- Teach basic soccer skills; dribbling, simple moves, striking the ball with either foot.
- Encourage fair play, good sportsmanship, self-confidence and coordination.
- All players MUST wear SHIN GUARDS, covered entirely by the sock.
- Players shall not wear anything, which is dangerous to them self or another player, including jewelry, watches, rings, ear-rings — even for newly pierced ears (this is a FIFA rule designated to prevent injuries).
- Players with arm casts are permitted provided they are wrapped, padded and pose no danger to them self or another player, this is at the discretion of the two coaches.
- No Slide Tackling.
- Mouth guards are not required but recommended.
- Cups for boys are not required but recommended.
- Sport glasses for those requiring prescription eye glasses are not required but recommended.
- Each player SHALL play a minimum of 50% of the total playing time. Equal play for all is strongly encouraged. It is also encouraged that each player plays a part of each half.
- Teams and coaches to line up and shake hands at the conclusion of each game.
- In cases where a team is short players or have no substitutes:
- Play with fewer players on the field, allowing the team with fewer players one substitute.
- The team with more players can loan players to the other team.
- Be creative!
- It’s about playing and having FUN!!
- In cases of hot weather and or when teams are short handed:
- Take extra water breaks, substitute players more often.
- Play quarters instead of halves or eighths instead of quarters.
- Players’ safety is everyone’s Number 1 priority.
Kindergarten Game Rules
- Size 3 soccer ball.
- 8 minute quarters, 5 minute halftime breaks.
- All players must play at least half of the game.
- No scores or standings kept.
- Balls out of bounds are restarted with a kick-in. See detailed rules in the document below as to whom and when restarts are taken.
- No offside.
- All free kicks are direct, meaning you can score directly from a direct free kick.
Plymouth Elementary School
542 Plymouth Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
There are three fields at this location designated PE1, PE2 and PE3.