Peter Hendrick Scholarship
Colonial Soccer Club Peter Hendrick Scholarship Award
Two (2) $2,000 awards (awarded on a one-time basis), a certificate of recognition and a plaque
- Student must have been associated as a player, referee and/or coach with the Colonial Soccer Club for three (3) of the past five (5) years.
- Student must be a senior in the top half of his/her graduating class.
- Student must be able to substantiate, through a written essay of between 500-1000 words his/her ability to be a leader, outstanding commitment to the community and what Colonial soccer has meant to them. (The six (6) finalists will interview with the selection committee.)
- This scholarship is available to any individual who seeks to attend any bona fide educational institution that follows high school. (In the event of a change in institution or sabbatical taken by the student, any student who has received a scholarship check under this program should submit his/her check, along with a detailed description for the change in institution or sabbatical, for reissuance.)
- The scholarship is not available to a student who has been awarded a full scholarship from the college/university or bona fide educational institution of his/her choice.
- Upon being awarded the scholarship, the check will be made out to both the individual recipient and the institution.
Selection Committee Structure
Chairman of the scholarship award committee, Director of Coaching, Director of Travel, Vice President of Intramural and the Chief of Referees will assist in the selection. The committee chairman will vote only in case of a tie. Any board member may fill in, in the absence of any one of the above stated members of the selection committee.
Application Process & Deadlines
Please mail the completed application, along with your written essay to:
- Colonial Soccer Club
- PO Box 130
- Blue Bell, Pa. 19422
Application Process Begins: February 1st
Application Process Ends: April 1st
SELECTIONS ANNOUNCED: June regular meeting: (Third Tuesday of the month)
In order to receive the award, the recipient must appear at the meeting in which the selection is announced.